Join us in watching our favorite podcasts.
Animation students from the Museum School at Tufts University teamed up with PRX to create trailers for upcoming podcast episodes from Radiotopia. Using a variety of techniques, from hand-drawn to digital, these students transformed the classroom into an animation studio.
We will watch trailers for podcasts that resonated most with these students, including:
- The Heart: Kaitlin Prest; animation by Beckett Reed with drawings by Çağil Harmandir
- Criminal: Phoebe Judge and Lauren Spohrer; animation by Yu Jian and Ching-Sheng Lai
- 99% Invisible: Roman Mars, animation by Sena Burns
- The Bugle: Andy Zaltzman, animation by Noah Sawyer
- Strangers: Lea Thau, animation by Bella Kiser
The collaboration was the brainchild of SMFA Animation Professor Maya Erdelyi and PRX's Audrey Mardavich who thought it would be fun to pair podcasts and animation.
This event is free to the public. Register here.
ABOUT MAYA ERDELYI
Maya is a Boston and LA-based award-winning animator, illustrator and director. She creates intricate hand-made animations and collages inspired by memories and imaginary worlds. After graduating in 2012 with an MFA in Experimental Animation from CalArts, she became a director through 6PointMedia, a Hollywood Animation Studio. She is a Faculty member in Animation at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts University in Boston. Maya is working on her first animated documentary entitled “Anyuka."